TWVs have fewer safety features than traditional passenger vehicles and aren’t designed to meet automotive safety standards. Slingshots don’t have airbags, crash protection, bumpers, or other safety features that offer protection in a collision. Due to the unique handling and operating attributes, Slingshots pose additional risks to drivers. Consider the following facts about Slingshots in Canada.
Duliban Slingshot Insurance is specifically tailored to meet the unique protection needs of TWV motorists. Whether you’re insuring your Slingshot for the first time or renewing a policy, Duliban has comprehensive coverage solutions to meet the Ontario driving requirements.
For insurance purposes, Slingshots are typically classified as motorcycles and require similar levels of coverage. Basic policies will generally include the following protection.
- Third-party Liability – Covers medical expenses from injuries to you or other drivers of your Slingshot after an accident.
- Uninsured automobile coverage – Protects policyholders if they’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Accident benefits – Provides financial compensation if you, your passenger, or a third-party are injured during an accident.
Extended coverage options can include Collision, Comprehensive, Specified Perils, and All Perils Protection. Depending on your policy, coverage limits, deductibles, and exclusions may apply.
Duliban’s Slingshot Insurance covers the mandatory minimum requirements for drivers in Ontario, which includes the following.
- $200,000 in third-party liability
- $1 million for medical payments that includes up to $3,500/person for minor accidents, or $65,000/person for non-fatal injuries for a maximum of 5 years.
- Funeral Expense Benefits up to $6,000.
- Income Replacement Benefit with a minimum of $185/week for 104 weeks.
- Death Benefits of $25,000 for a spouse and $10,000 for each surviving dependent.
In addition to basic coverage, Slingshot Insurance can include the following protection options.
- Bodily Injury Liability – Protects policyholders from third-party medical expenses when the driver is at fault.
- Collision Coverage – Covers damage to your Slingshot in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability – Pays for third-party property damage expenses when the driver is at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Offers additional protection against theft and vandalism.
- Specified Perils – This add-on protects drivers from specific hazards such as earthquakes, lightning, hailstorms, fires, explosions, theft, and rising water.
- All Perils – Covers damage caused to your TWV if it is stolen or driven by someone else.
Whether you need basic or comprehensive protection for your Slingshot, Duliban has a wide range of solutions to meet your individual needs.