Home and Auto Insurance Product Details
It is a privilege to own a car. In Ontario, it is mandatory to have that vehicle insured. While there are minimums that are required by Ontario law, it is important to cover your actual needs, not just the state minimum requirements.
As for your home, having homeowner’s insurance is not mandated by law. However, it is likely the largest investment you will make, so protecting it is key. Furthermore, your mortgage company will likely require this coverage in order to obtain a mortgage.
Both of these coverages help protect your assets in the event of an accident, damage, or even death. The idea is to be able to make your family whole once again by giving you the financial protection to replace or repair damage done to your home or auto in the event of a covered claim. This includes paying for medical bills in the event of an injury to yourself or another party as a result of your actions.
Maintaining the proper home and auto insurance coverage is essential to protecting your investment, as well as your family and their needs. Whether your home or automobile is damaged due to someone else’s actions, your own actions, or even an act of nature, your insurance coverage can provide peace of mind. This allows you time to regroup, rebuild, and protect your assets and your family when you need it most.
Home and Auto Insurance Coverage Details
Home and auto insurance coverage is designed to protect your home and automobile while protecting your financial assets and your family. This is a large order that often requires adhering to laws as well as guidelines set forth by lenders and other involved parties.
Coverage is required if you have a mortgage. There are several factors that determine your home insurance needs, such as:
- The value of your home.
- The amount of your mortgage.
- The value of the contents in your home.
- Any attractive nuisances on your property, such as a pool.
- Any environmental factors, such as living in a flood zone.
- And more.
Based on the answers to these questions, you will be able to determine how much and what type of home insurance is best for your property.
One of the mandates required by Ontario law is a minimum of $200,000 of third-party liability coverage that covers if a person dies as the result of an automobile accident. Additional minimum coverages required by law in Ontario include:
- Weekly income replacement of 70% of gross income up to $400 per week.
- Non-catastrophic injuries of $65,000.
- Catastrophic injuries of $1,000,000.
- Caregiver benefits of $250 per week for the first dependent and $50 per week for each additional dependent for catastrophic injuries.
- Up to $100 per week for housekeeping and home maintenance for catastrophic injuries.
- Death benefits of $25,000 to the spouse, $10,000 to each dependent, and $6,000 for funeral expenses.
- Damages to your vehicle and its contents if you are not at fault for the accident.
- Injury or death by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver, and
- Damage to vehicle by uninsured or hit-and-run driver.
These coverages are the minimum coverage required by law for automobile insurance. We never recommend any policy with the minimum coverage, as professionals it is our desire to protect our clients best interests.
For the best home and auto insurance bundles that will save you money and give you peace of mind, contact the professionals at Duliban Insurance at 1-855-385-4226. Our licensed insurance experts will be happy to answer any questions you have.