If you already own an EV, looking to buy one or thinking of making the change, the electric vehicle insurance group plan offered by Duliban Insurance Brokers is the best place to start. We have partnered with Aviva Insurance, Electric Vehicle Society of Ontario and the Tesla Global Owners Club to provide the best coverage plan for all electric vehicles on the road.
Electric vehicles are more complicated compared to their gas-powered counterpart in terms of more technology, charging and battery power. Electric vehicles are becoming very popular and more main stream but in terms of insurance it is considered a niche product. More insurance companies are starting to recognize the increased safety features of EVs and are tailoring their rates to reflect it.
Unique Rates for EV Owners
Duliban Insurance Brokers has partnered with the Electric Vehicle Society of Ontario to offer a unique group insurance rate for all electric vehicle owners in Ontario. More than just Tesla insurance, all battery and plug in hybrid vehicles qualify for this discount and when you add your home insurance you can save up to 35%*.
* The discount is subject to becoming a member of the Electric Vehicle Society of Ontario. Prices provided on the phone are based on membership, we can provide documentation to sign up for the membership to receive the discounts
Some of the most popular battery electric vehicles covered through the electric vehicle insurance group plan are: Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model X, Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus and Hyundai
Plug-in hybrid vehicles include: Toyota Prius, BMW i3, Volvo XC90, Ford Fusion and Chrysler Pacifica
You will not find a more dedicated, motivated and educated team that makes up the best electric vehicle insurance brokerage in Ontario. Duliban has been nominated one of the 10 best insurance brokerages in Canada for 2019.
EV Coverage Details
To get these quotes, we made some assumptions about driving behaviour, these quotes are based for a 35-year-old living in Oakville, Ontario with a clean driving record. You can look at how our electric car insurance program compares against non-electric vehicles.
Even with the Ontario EV incentive removed, the savings from insurance and avoiding the need for highly priced gas may still be worth getting that new Tesla Model 3/X/S. Click here to see more comparisons.
The group insurance plan includes the following benefits for electric vehicle owners:
- Auto insurance discounts on all types of electric vehicles (Battery and Plug-in Hybrid)
- Discounts to your home insurance when combined with your auto
- Home charging systems are covered
- Membership to the Electric Vehicle Society of Ontario
- 24 hours / 365 days of professional claims service
- Annual policy reviews
- Access to other insurance products through Duliban Insurance Brokers